1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What are your programming weaknesses?

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by tomdkat, Apr 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdkat

tomdkat Retired Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

Programmers have their strong points and their weak points. Right now, I'm porting a Windows app to Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2008. Previously, we used Visual Studio .Net on Windows XP. I'm finding the new compiler to be more stringent than the old one when compiling some third party libraries we use in our app.

As a result, I'm having to update the code and am hitting some interesting issues, to say the least. :)

Anyway, on to the topic. During this porting project, I'm finding myself confronted with some concepts and techniques I realize are weak areas for me. Right now, I'm fixing a problem relating to passing a pointer to a method as a parameter to another function. Pointers to functions was always a weak area for me and now I'm in a position where I can't avoid it anymore. :) LOL

So, what are your programming weak areas where you wish you had more knowledge or better understanding?

Peace...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/918161

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice