What cable should I use to connect the computer to the tv?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dekilaz

Hi there!

I have got a Packard Bell computer with a GeForce 2 MX card with TV-out.

The problem is, however, that I have not been able to find a suited cable. The TV-output has the looks of a PS/2 port, and obviously, it does not work with the standard 4-pin s-video cable.

So the question is this: What cable can I use?

I hope that someone here knows and adds a reply :)

Thanks!

-dekilaz

dekilaz

Thanks for replying!

That's what people keep telling me... :)

A standard s-video cable does not physically fit, though any PS/2 unit does... Could it be some kind of mix-up from the manufacturer?

Triple6

Rob
nvidia s-video out ports use a 7 pin connector. The additional 3 are proprietary and their use can differ from manufacturer to manufacture - or so i have read. HOWEVER a standard s-video connector works just great and it does fit.

dekilaz

The thing is that it does not... I do know how to connect an s-video cable, and I do know what a normal s-video TV-out looks like. A PS/2 unit would, for instance, not fit into a normal s-video TV-out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online