1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What can cause my monitor to simply "fade to black" in about 2 seconds?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Benefactor, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Benefactor

Benefactor Thread Starter

When bootup starts, i see the info screen for 2s and then it gradually "fades" in 2s.The screen is black during the whole bootup.
    Same thing with an old game - Icewind dale 1(2 works fine and all newer games), when i start the game screen immideatly goes black.When i switch monitor on-off monitor i see the menu for those 2s and it again fades.
    Same thing when 3dmark03 is done with the 4 game tests and resets to test 1, my monitor goes black similar to icewind dale 1.
    at one point, vundo even caused my monitor to display out of range error, but it was like this again after i removed alot of it in safe mode.
    ive done scans with avast, some online scanner, ad-aware and spybot S&D.
    Im thinking it may be something that vundo permanently changed in my computer.

2. Benefactor

Benefactor Thread Starter

when the monitor fades i hear the same sizzling as when i turn it off, but the green light is still on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/844528