1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what can I play off these core componets

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IDntKnwSht, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IDntKnwSht

IDntKnwSht Thread Starter

how good will my gaming be off theses specs? what games would run well off this?(y) or(n)

CASE: TURBO X-DREAMER CASE 350 WATT W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (BEIGE COLOR)
    CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™64 X2 6000+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
    MOTHERBOARD: ($20 off Mail-in Rebate)(Socket AM2)MSI K9A Platinum AMD 580X Crossfire Chipset DDR800 Dual PCIE SATA RAID MB w/GbLAN, USB2.0, 2xIEEE1394, & 7.1Audio
    MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (($30 off Mail-in Rebate) Corsair XMS2 Xtreme Memory w/ Heat Spreader)
    VIDEO CARD: ATI RADEON HD 2600 XT 256MB Video Card
    VIDEO CARD 2: ATI RADEON HD 2600 XT 256MB Video Card
    LCD Monitor: NONE
    HARD DRIVE: Extreme Performance with Data Security (RAID-0+1) with 4 Identical Hard Drives (320GB (160GBx4) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
    Data Hard Drive: 200GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
    Optical Drive: (Special Price) 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
    Optical Drive 2: (Special Price) 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

2. IDntKnwSht

of course with a monitor equip

3. MichaelDee

MichaelDee

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/645217-what-can-i-play-off.html

See for yourself. Just look thru the different benchmarks. Your card isn't shown in sli, but you can expect a slight increase (not drastic) in what is shown.

I would have chosen a single, better card, but you should do fine in most games with mid range to high settings.

4. IDntKnwSht

what should i like for when choosing a video card? MBs right?

5. MichaelDee

MichaelDee

MB of ram? NO. You can get a very poor performing card with 512mb of ram on it. More video ram is helpful when you run in higher resolutions, but the gpu (similar to a cpu) is where you get the performance from.

Right now you would be better off with the new 8800gt (about $250), a gts, or an ati x1950 (somewhat cheaper). These are about the cheapest, best performing cards in the $120-300 price range (USD).

6. knigh79

knigh79

Yeah, I would agree with him...

I have an ApoGee 6800+... its time to part ways with it... I'm upgrading to around 8200+ to 8600+, 8800+ is too expensive right now...

but back in the hayday... (about 2 years ago) this card cost me $250, so invest in a good card that will last about 4 to 6 series of new graphic cards (1 series comes out about every 6 months) if you buy one like my previous card the 5600+, that next year you will NEED a new card if you want to play some of the newest games...

Fellow gamer,
    Robert

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice