1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What Can The Civilised World do about These Atrocities

Discussion in 'Controversial Topics' started by rexgrant, Mar 21, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. rexgrant

rexgrant Thread Starter

If it were a Pandemic the world would fight to wipe it out..
    If it were one nation against another they would fight to sort it out
    But because it is religiously based and the two Sects that are involved in the trouble they are not prepared to end this Disastrous and deadly attemted takeover other peoples way of life. (in my opinion)
    Many races throughout history have tried to do this in many ways and in the end the rest of the world had to put an end to them I think it is about time to put an end to this one right now.
    Personelly I have not got the knowlage or the experiance how this can be achieved. But I am sure it can be done for the sake of
    of the worlds population.
    This last atrocity :1 http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...mbers-blast-faithful-in-mosques-31083296.html
    Regards
    Rex.

2. Brigham

Brigham

First Name:
    John
    We won't be able to stop the terrorism completely, but a start could be made by making islam illegal. I, personally would make all religions illegal, but I don't think it would work. We could do as they do in France, and not allow religion to interfere with the general day to day activities of the country. A good start would be to get rid of the bishops in the house of lords. Disestablishment of the c.o.e. would be a good thing.

3. Wino

Wino

I'm thinking the only solution is a massive asteroid striking earth and ending all human life - then evolution starting over with a better plan excluding all religion or gods of any kind. I'm getting tired of the "you break it, you own it" guilt trip.:eek:

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

5. valis

valis Moderator

I'm about as religious as a crumpet, and even I think that's a not very well-thought out idea. Bottom line, for whatever reason, humans argue. Incessantly. I'm not entirely certain if there were only 1 human left on the planet that THEY wouldn't get into arguments.

Given that fact, and seeing as how we like to kill each other over different versions of an imaginary, invisible being who may or may not be watching out every move, I think that banning ANY religion would create the mother of all hornets nests.

6. Brigham

Brigham

First Name:
    John
    In muslim countries all other religions are banned. Lets "do unto" them, what they are doing.

7. valis

valis Moderator

Why? Is it working there? Sure as heck dont look like it is.

8. Phantom010

Gotta agree with that. Religious beliefs should be very personal and kept at home, not coming out of a president's mouth on national television...

9. Phantom010

Not quite true. In many of them, Islam, Judaism and Christianity coexist, not always peacefully, but other religions are not banned. Only 20% of Muslims live in Arab countries.

10. rexgrant

rexgrant Thread Starter

(y) That would be very nice;)

11. valis

valis Moderator

That's a whole nother animal than banning religion across the board, mon ami.....and both are way too slippery for my taste.

12. ckphilli

ckphilli

Spot on Tim. Tolerance is the key...equality and all that jazz. Just because someone isn't tolerant of you, does not...once more with feeling...does not... give you a free pass to lean towards fascism. Right now, we're at a bad spot regarding freedom in general. Both sides think the other is discriminating and being intolerant. In some cases it's true from both sides. Either an asteroid(Wino) will strike or this too shall pass. And then we'll do it again in 50 years or so. Love it or hate it, this is how it goes.

13. valis

valis Moderator

(y)

Back atcha, Chris, well stated. Hope our kids do better, but tolerance now would be a pleasant change.

14. Phantom010

Seeing either a church, a synagogue, or a mosque on every street corner isn't what I would call a lack of tolerance.

Try getting into politics in America if you're a declared atheist...

Canada is very tolerant toward religion (too tolerant), but still a secular country.

Never said we should ban religion. But, you shouldn't have to be a Christian to be president or a congressman...

15. valis

valis Moderator

Given the amount of deaths in the name of religion thoughout history, I gotta disagree.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145202

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice