What can this be? LCD or Motherboard???

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

memevertical

Hi guys, I have a HP Touchsmart 300, the exact code is RB-NY644AA.

The screen is black. I have teamviewer on it and I can use the computer remotely. If I go into device manager, I see the Video Card as working properly and the Monitor as working properly.

Before going fully black, the screen flickered for a few minutes, and now its completely black.

I'm thinking is just the LCD, but i'm not sure if it could also be the video card and I have to replace the motherboard.

Thanks guys!!!!

Look VERY closely at the screen after using the remote access to choose a very bright picture. Can you see a very dim picture on the black screen? If so, the problem is the backlight.

memevertical

Thanks for replying.

There's no image whatsoever, also, I forgot to mention, you know how in teamviewer you can choose to see the remote cursor, right? So i did that, then went to the hp and touched the screen on random places, and the cursor stayed on the same position......

just some more info so you can help diagnose this :)

thanks again!!!!

memevertical

Let me correct something, when I touch the screen, it is making the mouse move.......just wanted to clarify that......

hope someone can help me :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online