1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What Case Do I Get for My Computer?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mangatrekkie, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mangatrekkie

mangatrekkie Thread Starter

I have a A7N8XE-Deluxe Mobo, and I would like to get a new case for it with more fans and better airflow since I overclocked the CPU in it. I have found several ATX cases, but the back doesn't match what mine does currently. How do I get the right case with access to all the ports in the back, like my four USB and two Ethernet ports. The cases I have looked at don't have spaces for those. Do I just rip out the whole back part of the case or is there a way to find the case I need that will provide access to all my ports on the back? Thanks for help in advance.

2. Compiler

Compiler

Its a 10-year old motherboard. Is it overheating? Have you replaced the heatsink compound?

Don't worry about the back plate, it pops out. Many cases come with a generic one for some idiotic reason that ends up thrown away.

More fans don't always mean better airflow. I run with a single large fan... does fine with my quad.

3. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

For a setup like that I would recommend that you get something like this - http://www.ebuyer.com/340616-coolermaster-elite-330-rc-330u-kkn1

You can mount 2 x 140mm fan on the side blowing directly onto the motherboard and CPU. I would recommend that you then move the 120mm rear fan and mount that into the 120mm front mount. I would also say add dust filters to the 2 140mm fans on the side.

fans x2 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EZcool-14...pt=UK_Computing_Case_Fans&hash=item231c548986

Dust filters x2 - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140mm-Mag...pt=UK_Computing_Case_Fans&hash=item19d1939b1d

Simple as that. You will create a high pressure case which means that the air can only enter through the filtered fans meaning a lot less dust build up as well.

4. mangatrekkie

mangatrekkie Thread Starter

Well that is nice, only issue is my budget is around $30. But thanks for the advice about popping out the back plate. I did not know about that.Can you recommend a nice case for around $30-$35?

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
  6. jack-o-bytes

jack-o-bytes

You wont get much of a case for $30 it will probably have less cooling capability than the one you have now lol. Your best off saving up some more cash and buying the one I posted as that will make a difference.

7. Compiler

Compiler

dustygay: Gigabyte does make some good cases... but a $25 case is a $25 case... you can't expect much from anyone.

mangatrekkie: Personally, $50 is about as cheap as I go for a case... I work on systems all the time. Working with cheap thin metal with bad designs can be painful.

Look at something better - budget $50~60 if you can. They are stronger and have better air-flow. Look at COOLER MASTER Centurion, Elite lines - they are about $55. But for a few bucks more, the COOLER MASTER HAF 912 is an excellent deal. I've built a few gaming systems with it... and remember, some day you'll be upgrading your computer anyway. Its on sale at new egg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233
    Look at its rating and how many people voted.

8. Compiler

Compiler

Slightly off topic, I'm guessing you are a Trekkie who likes manga?

There is a rare Japanese manga that did get limited publishing in the USA. "Star Trekker", its Motion Picture Star Trek era, its another ship with a female Japanese captain that is cute, dangerous and crazy... She is only the 2nd person to survive the Kobayashi Maru, and it hilarious. She hates Kirk.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1056307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice