1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what case to get people

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by techaholic, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. techaholic

techaholic Thread Starter

hi there people i have been meaning to join this fourm for ages happy to be here

got a few questions i need answered and a bit of advice

first what case to get

i am looking for a new pc case dont ask why i am a tech nut :eek: anyway looking at the
    Zalman GT1000 Z-Machine Black PC Case or CoolerMaster Stacker 832

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CoolerMaster/Stacker_832
    http://www.quietpc.com/gb-en-gbp/products/cases/gt1000

would like a bit of your input please regarding what is better and what looks better

i love zalman as a company so i fancy there case i am going to fix watercooling into the case and hopfully save my pennies and get a raptor drive with the glass plate

what do you think tech people

2. tecknomage

tecknomage

With a reminder about the old adage on advice....

The Zalman GT1000 Z-Machine case:

Lots of cooling, tool-free drive bays, double access doors, all good.

Down side, the LED type cooling fans are more expensive than the normal (non-LED) fans. So are they worth it? My take on all LED fans it that they are expensive eye-candy and are not any better than non-LED fans. Of course, if one of these fans goes out, you can replace them with normal fans.

Notice they don't list the power supply specs, so is the power supply included? If yes, why not the specs? With all those fans + whatever you install in it, I would say you need 500w or better PS.

Cooler Master Stacker 832:

Again, the LED fans. Not much to the specs on the page. You should ask for more, again the power supply question.

3. Taco John

Taco John

they probably don't have PSU's in them. I would imagine those cases are made for people who buy a seperate PSU so they can be sure they get a good one...as most case-makers don't put high quality PSU's in their case, so buying one with a PSU in it is worthless unless you go with an Antec or something similar...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice