1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What CD-RW Would You Recommend?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lhinil, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lhinil

lhinil Thread Starter

I'm looking for a 52x24x52 CDRW .What Brand would have the best benefits.I'm kinda leaning towards Sony at the moment any advise would be greatly appreciated!

2. kramnnim

kramnnim

Lite-On? They seem to have frequent firmware upgrades...

3. n2gun

n2gun

I have real good luck with Lite On.

4. plschwartz

plschwartz

5. slipe

slipe

You generally want to avoid brands that rebadge other people’s burners like Cendyne, Pacific Digital, Iomega, Verbatim etc. They usually have very poor firmware support. TDK does not make most of their own burners but do write the necessary firmware updates.

I suppose your handlers would have to liquidate the entire TSG membership should we learn your location, but if you live in the US you can get the 52X Lite-On for around $60 delivered. It appears to be excellent and Lite-On has been terrific with firmware updates. http://www.cdfreaks.com/document.php3?Doc=99

Sony burners usually come with B’s Recorder Gold which isn’t that great, but I notice the Newegg retail 48X Sony comes with NTI software which is better than B’s. The Newegg retail Lite-On 52X comes with Nero which is excellent. My preference in bundled software is for Nero or Prassi based software like RecordNow.. I would avoid B’s unless you have an inside track on a Sony that fell off a truck. The 48X Sony drive is just a rebadged Lite-On. I don’t know about the 52X. Sony has been excellent with firmware and support, but I would confirm the bundled software before considering one.

Pricewatch has the Lite-On 52X burner for $59 delivered from some dealers, but I never like their uninsured shipping terms. Newegg is a solid company and has the retail box with Nero for $62 delivered: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...g=5&manufactory=1336&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

6. lhinil

lhinil Thread Starter

Thanx for the replies. Now I have the information I need to make the right buy.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112622

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice