1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What components should I get for a budget gaming pc

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Zexceed, Aug 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Zexceed

Zexceed Thread Starter

I am trying to build by first gaming PC for around $400 and I am not really sure what parts are the best for my price range.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are not going to build a gaming system for that budget. A gaming type video card alone can cost $400 or more.
    If you just want to play old games with lower requirements, you might be able to build a system for $7~800 or so however it is NOT going to be top of the line AND you will have to accept some trade offs in the area of price to performance.

SarahSims likes this.
  3. Zexceed

Zexceed Thread Starter

Yes I understand that It will not be a power house of any kind but I plan to upgrade down the road. But for a $400-$500 PC would I really not be able to play csgo at max settings or Fortnite at medium settings perhaps the equivalent of console quality?

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

OK, even going with a budget case ie around $40, budget motherboard $100 or so, lower end processor $150 or so, lower end pw supply about $50, and $75 or so for ram, you are over the budget AND no video card nor a keyboard/mouse OR hard drive.
    As I said, if you want to accept less than top of the line stuff, you could get by for $7~800 or so. If you already have some parts, you might cut down the cost a little.

You do need to understand the following concept. A gaming system needs quality parts. Gaming puts a lot of stress on cooling, motherboard, pw supply, etc, etc. Going with cheap parts is just asking for a problem.
    You could probably build a basic system for $400 using lower end stuff however this system would be for running office, email, etc NOT gaming.

SarahSims likes this.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice