1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What connector is this?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rocinante, Jun 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rocinante

rocinante Thread Starter

I've got a Jaton brand GeForce4 TI4200 video card.
    Lost the dang manual, and manufacturer's website is none-too-helpful.
    Beside the blue VGA connector, there's a round connector, with 9 pins (female). It's not marked, and I initially thought it was for TV-out (S-Video), but I can't find another on the web that looks similar.

I'm hoping to use it as a TV-out, I guess I'd better figure out what it is first...
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Oh yeah, here's a link to a pic:

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v239/jamesl777/?action=view&current=video_card_connectors.jpg

Thanks for your time,
    James

2. leoneire

leoneire

Your correct it is a S-Video out! Did u try connecting it to your tv???
    Sometimes a small adapter is needed to connect it to your tv but they are really cheap! If you get a Visual S-Video kit it should have everything that you need to connect your computer to your tv! But monitors are much better because they have more pixels so higher resolution! But sometimes a tv on beside the computer looks kinde snazzy! But yes you are right that what it is!
    Urs Leon (N.Ireland)

3. rocinante

rocinante Thread Starter

I tried an S-Video cable and it wouldn't fit, I think all S-video connections are either 4 or 7 pins. This output on my video card has 9 pins. Obviously a different style, but for the life of me I can't find an adapter cable to get the signal out to my TV. If anyone knows where I can find one I'd be very thankful. Please see the pic at: tv out connection

Thanks for any and all help,

James

4. Rockn

Rockn

Looks like a DB-9 for a mouse. I have seen some very old video cards with a PS/2 mouse connector on them. What is the make and model of the viceo card??

5. brite750

brite750

see post 1

6. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

This might be the cable here

And the manual is here

7. rocinante

rocinante Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses. I found one that looks similar to the one Jedi Master found, but a little cheaper. Only problem is I'm unsure of the pin configuration, as there are no close-up pics of the business end of this thing.
    So I'm basically going with the pin count (9) and hoping for the best.
    Here's a link to the one I ordered: adapter cable

I hope it works, I'll report results back to this thread when I get it.
    Thanks again for the helpful replies...

James

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/234660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice