1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What could contribute to the active status?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by smoothway, Jan 10, 2019.

1. smoothway

smoothway Thread Starter

My boyfriend has 3 devices (2 phones (Iphone) and 1 laptop). He is logged in on all devices. However, a few days ago I have noticed that sometimes Facebook Messenger shows he is active, but when asked, he denies that he was active at that time. It happens periodically during the day. He becomes active and then goes inactive, but the messages are always delivered successfully. He says that he has checked all of his devices and that he is unable to do anything about it. He uses the same devices and the same network with the same online routine as before the mentioned problem arised. Nobody can access his devices. He is the only one who uses them. He has even checked the login activity as well.

I am concerned that he is indeed online, even though he says he is not. Why didn't it happen a few months ago and what has changed now?
    What could be the cause of the problem considering everything above? Could something else contribute to that phenomenon? What can I do to figure that out?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Could be that he was online and has not logged out.
    Just closing the browser does not log one out, and FB will that he is still online.

It sounds like you may have a trust issue more than anything.

3. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    I think on phones messenger is still on, even though he is not on at the time. I have a friend that shows online but she wasn't at the time. In fact my messenger changed on me while i was in it... new layout.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221670

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice