1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What CPU will u recommend ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ke1N, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ke1N

Ke1N Thread Starter

First of all, hi guys.
    I am asking a simple question i'm gonna change my CPU (AMD Athlon X2 5000+), because it's almost dead and i need some suggestions.My motherboard is Albatron KM61S-AM2, and i need CPU for AM2 slot.Some friends recommended me "AMD Phenom II X4 940" - is it good ?
    Actually i don't have a lot of money so to be in the likes of max 100 $.
    I was pretty happy with my CPU(Athlon 5000+) for gaming so i need something in that region.But also i have one more question if i buy "AMD Phenom II X4 940", will i be in need to change Motherboard, RAM, or GPU(Nvidia GeForce 9800GT), in other words is there gonna be a bottleneck effect ?
    Thanks in advance.
    PS:Sorry if my English is bad, it's not my native one

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What do you mean your CPU is almost dead? CPU's don't fail fairly often and there's usually no "almost dead" state for them.

Albatron tech support is pathetic at best, but you need to check with them which processors are supported and i you need a BIOS update to run those processors. Normally this is posted clearly on the manufacturer's website but these guys don't seem to work in the same manner.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1008302