Solved What device would be logged into my router as Realtek?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rabbitinred

When logging into my router/modem to see which devices are logged in there is on whos mac address comes,back as realtek Semiconductor corp. what sort of device would come up as such? the description given is Desktop-65HQ7OK which I searched on Google and have found nothing. Thanks.

TerryNet

Terry
Could be any device using a Realtek ethernet or wireless adapter. My first guess would be a desktop computer with the (host) name "Desktop-65HQ7OK."

TerryNet

Terry
If I were betting I would also bet ethernet. But the company also makes some wireless components, so I played safe in my above post. :)

rabbitinred

My desktop is accounted for, could it be a tablet running windows 10, i have a TG-TEK Model number TGW810 but its been accounted for prior under the oem, BUT could this scenario be realistic...
device left to charge over weekend (i know bad idea) other same devices have been reviewed to have problems with a "heatsink" but only if used for things like game play, video stream, which i dont do but, upon return device wont turn on, unplug it and the red light comes on like it hasnt been charging this whole time, relieved i plug it back in and within minutes the device gets hot and red light is now flashing. could it be that the cpu or whatever (techie im not but i do try to research stuff myself and not be too ignorant but somethings are better left to those who understand them) has been fried by heatsink but the wireless signal is still intact trying to connect, thats why its coming up realtek? my desktop uses realtek for audio only i believe and like i said has been accounted for.thanks in advance.

rabbitinred

I have found the culprit, its a "cool pad arise" a Kroger family of stores prepaid phone. while the phone is decent for what I paid for it $5- $10 the customer service is the worst I have ever encountered, and my career in bartending and telephone collections makes my grading scale pretty lenient.☺thank for the help though, much appreciated!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online