1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What Did I Do To My Board!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by eHow, Apr 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. eHow

eHow Thread Starter

i built a computer with good specs... im very desprite so i cant type them up but it cost me over 3,000 dollars

its a athlon 3200XP+
    asus motherboard
    2 GB low latency corsair ram
    500psu power supply
    you know, all that good stuff

last night i was experminting with overclocking.. i did some voltage settings and it ran very fast, extreamly fast i liked it. well i got greedy and increaced some settings even higher and now IT ISNT BOOTING UP!!!! i cleared the cmos and everything i can think of.. im panicing out of my mind because
    IM IN SO MUCH TOUBLE THIS ISNT MY COMPUTER!!

i tried different processors and ram

did i ruin the motherboard!!

any advice at all is helpfull!!!!

2. deeger

deeger

what is the size of the processor you bought??

3. eHow

eHow Thread Starter

athlon 3200XP

4. deeger

deeger

why would you overclock, there is no need with a 3200, any way check the jumper settings.then do a test on the board.

5. Old Rich

Old Rich

Enter BIOS and reset to defaults . . if that does not fix it you may be in deep doo doo . .

6. eHow

eHow Thread Starter

it died seconds after i changed a setting and booted it up, well it showed no sign of life and the monitor did not display anything. how would i do a test on the board?

7. eHow

eHow Thread Starter

anybody ever ruin a motherboard the same way??

8. deeger

deeger

your in trouble!!

sorry can't help you.

9. eHow

eHow Thread Starter

oh great. i bought everything from newegg so i have no warrenty or anything ugh

10. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

By your own admission you got greedy, what are you doing overclocking a
    customers computer, I build computers also, and would not under any circumstance overclock a computer that I did not own, unless I wanted to buy a new motherboard, you might try going into the BIOS and re-setting the defaults. to see if you can boot-up, you could have fried the CPU or motherboard, can't
    imagine what you were thinking.

11. eHow

eHow Thread Starter

nah its my twin brothers computer, he bought everything and i put it together, he wanted me to overclock it for him to be as much as mine, but when he was away i increaced the settings alot higher to see if it can go any faster...(i took chances since it wasnt my computer) but ended up ruining it so im just a horrible brother who owes him a new board :-/

12. eHow

eHow Thread Starter

i tryed a 2nd processor and it didnt boot up, i must of killed the motherboard

13. RonK

RonK

When you clear the bios with the jumper - make sure you have the power cord unplugged as well. Leave the jumper on the clear position for 2 minutes then put the jumper back to the original position. and try again.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/348525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice