1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What do I gotta Do for some Help!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pr0digalange, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pr0digalange

pr0digalange Thread Starter

I'm curiouse if anyone on this forum actually Helps others. I really would like to know whats wrong with my computer.
    I'm usin a 98OPS, for some reason everytime i try to install directx9.0b in the middle of installin it says could copy required file, and the instalation ends there, I've installed Halo demo on other comps and installed Directx and np, but it seems to be givin me a problem suddenly. Is there a way to fix this?
    I mean seriously, someone Wanna Let me know somethin?

2. dai

dai

when you use a system that old you will have to be patient and wait for someone up to scratch on it to come on line.
    i have not used it for years and forget most of it try running in the run box
    sfc
    and press enter
    this will check if any of the system files need restoring,then try and install again

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I could be wrong, but is 9 even compatible with 98?

And if you'd stop posting all over the place, someone might take you seriously ;)

Please read the forum rules, and welcome to TSG.

4. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

I believe the highest for 98 is DX 8.1.. Could be wrong.

5. smeegle

smeegle

I thought AcaCandy had closed this thread. Also, according to the information on google directx 9.0b is available for Windows 98.

6. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Nope, this is the only one I left open ;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/252438

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice