1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What do I have to upgrade

Discussion in 'Games' started by vratko14, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vratko14

vratko14 Thread Starter

Hello guys,so I have a question.I dont really understand this and I dont know what to do anymore.I can run games like Battlefield 1 and Rise of the tomb raider happily on high (ultra with small lags) but I cant run AC:Unity not even on low without lags.Also cant run Fornite on high without lags.So my question is.If I should,what should I upgrade on my computer,whats slowing it down so much? Since im not that good at these things.And if I should upgrade something you could also please recommend to me what should I buy :) thanks.
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8158 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series, -2048 Mb
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., 970A-DS3P
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

2. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    I am not quite sure about your processor but I think it may be underpowered. You need an i7 for serious gaming. i5 might be ok too and you also need at least 16 GB of RAM too.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    cpu.JPG

What's the exact model number of the AMD Radeon R9 200 series graphic card?

What's the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply?

I agree with post #2. Add another 8 GB of RAM.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202405

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice