1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What do I need to upload files on FTP software

Discussion in 'Networking' started by FuzzyWuzzy, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Thread Starter

Do I need webspace to do this? Is there any free ones online?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you want to copy files to the web - you can do this with FTP software - like ws_ftp etc - there are also a number of free webspaces available - which the only requirement is you login once every 30days etc - but they have minimum storage

what are you trying to do?
    what country are you in?

3. FuzzyWuzzy

FuzzyWuzzy Thread Starter

im in canada. Just want to load some proograms/files on there.

i have cute ftp, but its asking for host addy, username password and etc. Where do I get this space to load onto? Or the info to punch in.

my file size all together would be 500Mb,

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so you need to set up some webspace, I dont know anything about Canada - have a search for free webspace and see what comes up for canada - i dont think 500MB is going to be easy to get for free.
    In the UK i know you can get 20MB easy.
    cable companies who supply broadband connections for people, also provide a free 50MB webspace.

so when you get an ISP account with webspace - you will have a username and a password - they will also supply an ftp address for you to connecto

5. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
  6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273915

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice