What do I need to upload files on FTP software

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

etaf

Wayne
if you want to copy files to the web - you can do this with FTP software - like ws_ftp etc - there are also a number of free webspaces available - which the only requirement is you login once every 30days etc - but they have minimum storage

what are you trying to do?
what country are you in?

FuzzyWuzzy

im in canada. Just want to load some proograms/files on there.

i have cute ftp, but its asking for host addy, username password and etc. Where do I get this space to load onto? Or the info to punch in.

my file size all together would be 500Mb,

etaf

Wayne
so you need to set up some webspace, I dont know anything about Canada - have a search for free webspace and see what comes up for canada - i dont think 500MB is going to be easy to get for free.
In the UK i know you can get 20MB easy.
cable companies who supply broadband connections for people, also provide a free 50MB webspace.

so when you get an ISP account with webspace - you will have a username and a password - they will also supply an ftp address for you to connecto

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.