1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What Do I Need?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dawter, Nov 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dawter

Dawter Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspirion laptop. I have 96 programs installed. I'd like to install more programs but I've run out of room.
    Sometimes I have to uninstall 1 or 2 programs just so I can install a new program.
    My drive is 20GB. Can I buy more GB's so I can (for instance) install 50 additional programs?
    Hopefully this is something I can do myself.
    Thanks in advance.
    Here's a link showing the computer I have.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/dell-inspiron-1100-celeron/4505-3121_7-20919163.html

2. jernathius

jernathius

one easy way to get increased room for small amount of money is an external harddrive - other than that you could buy a bigger harddrive and change it out with the one in the laptop - of course you will have to reload your operating system and all your programs again

3. Dawter

Dawter Thread Starter

I have a 160 GB external hard drive. I can't install programs on it and run them, I've tried and it just doesn't work right.
    Okay, so where do I go to get a bigger harddrive? I mean, what exactly do I ask for?

4. Aussie_Dundee

Aussie_Dundee

Call or go to you local pc store and ask them what size internal hdd they have for laptops. Also make sure you check more specifically for your modell of laptop to see if there are any limitations for hdd size. Some mobos dont support extremely large hdds... Apart from that it isnt hard. The hardest part would be replacing it yourself if you arent very knowledgeable and/or re-installing everything on the new hdd. this including windows etc.

Make sure you have a copy of windows on cd also before anything else.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/651168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice