1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What do you think about Kerio Personal Firewall?

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Franette, Oct 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Franette

Franette Thread Starter

Hello:

I would like to know what is your opinion about Kerio Personal Firewall.

I would like to install it but I need some advice.

I have Windows XP firewall already. Symantec anti-virus and AdAware 6.0 plus Spybot Search and Destroy.

Some say that Windows' firewall is not enough, that I need another one.

Need your opinion please.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

:)

Franette

2. pombiki

pombiki

I use Kerio Personal Firewall instead of the Windows XP firewall at home. I think it's a lot better because of the ability to see what programs are executing and which ports are being used to listen on your computer.

I've also heard that the XP firewall may get disabled by certain types of viruses, leaving you unprotected.

I think you should try it out; it's free for home users anyways. If you don't like it you can always uninstall it and try ZoneAlarm or some other type of firewall.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/282234

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice