What do you think about this app (avvenu)?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jrom727

Hello folks,

just wondering if someone have tried this ( http://avvenu.com ).
Got the info from PC world.
Avvenu is a service that allows you to remotely view your images and files from any Internet-connected computer, PDA, or mobile phone.
Im about to try it, but dont really have a use for it currently...
Im wondering if it's safe, or i mean secure enough to avoid issues.

Another freebie! :D

Hmm. i'm interested to see just HOW it works... either it mans you have to leave the PC on 24/7 to acess the files or upload all the stuff you want to some server.... the "how does it work" section doesn't reveal anything at all ...

With Avvenu, you are seeing the exact files that are on your computer. You don’t need to upload anything or worry about file synchronization between your computer and a remote website. When you share access to a file or folder, the pictures are shared directly from your own PC.

jrom727

I would give this program a try now and would let u know "how" it is...

jrom727

michael_jii said:
Hmm. i'm interested to see just HOW it works... either it mans you have to leave the PC on 24/7 to acess the files or upload all the stuff you want to some server.... the "how does it work" section doesn't reveal anything at all ...
Your PC should be open and connected to the Internet (of course) to be able to access the files on your PC. Then if you want to share files, I think there's a specific place you can save those files and provide the URL (i think), kind of like Yahoo! Briefcase when sharing files.

I would be able to try this tomorrow... firewall is the only thing I can think of that can cause issue with these program.

Anyways, i'll keep everyone posted! :)

jrom727

I just installed it... pretty nifty so far. I can really access any files on my PC and it's free! for TEN YEARS! :eek:

I just checked my subcription information and it says 1/22/2016.
It didnt ask me for any other info like credit card / address or such, just my First and Last name and email address and create ur own username.

Of course, on every software such as this, everyone has security concerns. I would say there isnt a bundled software with this program.

I think this software would be very useful and safe as long as ur the only one who knows ur password. Make sure you are not connected if ur not using it.. just trying to be safe..

EDIT: Just wanted to mention again that I got the info about this program from PC World.

guys,
www.ifunpix.com is another service that supports remote-access using any web enabled device and mobile phone. As apposed to Avvenu, Orb and Soonr, this service is much more powerful on the managment of the media itself (create collections, play lists, see music album cover-art, full track list , slide shows, backup, sync MP3 players, RSS, MSN integration etc.), and offers a social network interface to interact with your friends.

Oren.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online