what do you think is the best computer and why!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
A

adambailey

well i dont recomend packard bell i had nothing but trouble with there PRE-INSTALLED software and when you want to reformat the origanal drivers are a ***** to find! also no xp cd

The ant game is a maze game where your a little big trying to eat all the ants pellets.(or whatever they are) But if one of the ants touches you, the speaker screams "We gotcha!"

Sort of like pacman except the maze is HUGE. Its a really old game though circa 81.

Cheers

Hey if you aren't in a hurry & aren't into build your own go for the Dell. Order their catalog & every month they have some sort of promotion going. I got a pentium4 at 2.4 gh, free upgrade of memory to 512, cd player thing + free cd burner (2 different things) windows xp + alot of other software installed $100.00 rebate on the computer, $50.00 rebate on the 3 year come fix it at my house warrenty- which covers EVERYTHING but fire flood, or theft- all of which should be covered in your homeowners policy. Even if the kids spill pop on it....They better NOT though. Plus A lexmark all-in one for $92.00. Oh if you get the printer thing it doesn't come with the usb cord... Being a first itme buyer I didn't know that & was really ticked off when I found out I had to go to the store again ( I had just went that morning). GeForce4 mx440 with AGP8x with tv out. With the rebates it came to just over $1000.00 ('course the catalog price stared at $799.00....)

My ONLY problem so far has been that most of their support people don't speak very good English... I haven't had any problems with the computer, & I set it up myself in about a half an hour.

Some months they have free shipping , or free cd burner, I just lucked out & got memory & cd burner, you just have to figure out what you want...

:)

A

adambailey

Well i heard dell was not so good a little bit like packard bell hard to upgrade and its like you are always attached to them

A

adambailey

one of the first things i did was wipe all the pre installed crap off!
and put my own on!

A

adambailey

but as i read dell has many fans so they cant be all that bad after all

A

adambailey

i also remember tandy computers but i never had one

A

adambailey

some one told me ibm were good but they did not say why can any body shed some light on that one?

I'm with Gibble on building your own puter...I've built a few and am very happy with them...

But if I was to buy one I would definatly buy a Dell...I'm work in an IT Dept and we've bought HP, CompaQ, Digital (hmmm first 3 all now the same company...), and Dell...Love the Dell.

Just my 2 cents...

I wish I had the brains and the guts to build my own - but, Dell is working fine with me, and so is HP.

Im BYO all the way. I like Bios updates, and having a tweaking section in the bios for DRAM, Voltages, timings, cas latency, Front side bus, multipliers, and much much more. You wont find any of that on a Dell. I like non-proprietary power supplies and motherboards too. And I like a real copy of windows. I see Dells all the time in my shop, the copy of windows is Dell specific, with Dell INF, and driver files, and will not run on any other PC. Non-Gamers always go back to Dell, but serious gamers either BYO, or go to places like http://www.ibuypower.com/mall/lobby.htm

Dell's are nicely built, and a reliable though. My second PC in 99 was a Dell. Very nice for me then as I was very fresh to the PC scene. A good place to start to learn how to build your own is here http://www.pcmech.com/byopc/index.htm

Great place to shop for PC parts (I order in volume here) http://www.newegg.com/

GoJoAGoGo

Joe
Dell is the #1 selling PC and has a good track record to back that up. There PC's are reasonably priced and they have good customer support.

As mentioned in the beginning of this thread, if you have any technicals skills then build your own. Much cheaper and if something should go wrong, you can always post here and get all the tech help you may need.

:cool: (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online