what do you think is the best computer and why!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
of all the computer companies, dell puts the LEAST amount of pre-installed softshit in their computers..i find others loaded with them ...

It depends what you want to do with it and your budget; multi-media, word processor, etc. Macs are supposed to be the best for graphics design work. Some other brands support Linux better than others.

Gibble,
I'm in MB too. Curious, what are the 2 best places to get a comp? I just bought a new one last month and I'm wondering if it is at one of those places or if I'm thinking of one of those places. I also bought my last computer at a local computer shop in wpg.

Now...i've owned my Dell for one year almost, and the service is the best i have ever had, can't solve the problem on the phone, then they will come to your house (if you purchased home service, which is very reasonable). So Dell is the best, next time i get a computer, it's going to be a Dell.

Heard in the radio yesterday that Dell will have there Phone tech support moving back to the USA.

I was waiting for someone to put Alienware out there. Alienware computers are every tech savvy gamer's dream. :D I've been wanting to get one, though ABS computer's have higher benchmarks, and are a couple thousand dollars less then an Alienware system with the same specs. I'd be curious to know how good their tech support is though. Alienware's is excellent, from everything I've read, no personal experience though. If you have the extra $Green$ I'd go with Alienware. Otherwise, Dell or ABS. :)

~The Servant of Eru~

deh

Originally posted by Servant of Eru:
I was waiting for someone to put Alienware out there. Alienware computers are every tech savvy gamer's dream. :D I've been wanting to get one, though ABS computer's have higher benchmarks, and are a couple thousand dollars less then an Alienware system with the same specs. I'd be curious to know how good their tech support is though. Alienware's is excellent, from everything I've read, no personal experience though. If you have the extra $Green$ I'd go with Alienware. Otherwise, Dell or ABS. :)

~The Servant of Eru~

If you read the thread you would see that the mighty D did post Alenware. ;)

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?threadid=165709&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

post #12

1. Heewee I'm not sure but it may be for commercial users only. I've been told that it makes more sense and mnay also cents to by from Dell via small business instead of personal.

2.Best computer build it. 'Fraid to? ask around and find a good geek kid or small local store offer them a flat fee and supply the parts.
I met a woman who assembled five local teenages. They worked out the system and worked together to assemble it. All it cost her were cokes and cheese curls. They guarenteed lifetime support :)

i am a high school senior, and my biology teacher gave us her old computer if we put together/helped her buy a new one. I got parts for my LEGO computer from it, and it didn't cost her a thing. I always say store should open up and allow you to pay less to have a student appretencie work on it. everybody would win

The best computer on the market is the one you construct yourself. If you have a champaign budget you can buy the best of the best parts in every category and have yourself one mean machine that not only will last for decades but in fact will be more advanced than every machine sold in stores for at least a decade. My BARE computer case ALONE cost more than eighty percent of ALL dell computers with monitors sold on the market today. As does my motherboard. And damn near everything else except my floppy drives. So you can imagine what I built. And I built one for my mom too! On the other hand if your budget is limited you can still construct a master machine. In building your own machine you will know everything that is in it. You will know its limitations and have the satisfaction of having built something that is BETTER than a dell or anything else on the market. Building a machine is not hard to do. Store bought junk uses generic parts and fu*&^%-up motherboards.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online