1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by MyBootDisks., Jan 26, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. MyBootDisks.

MyBootDisks. Thread Starter

Hello,

I would like to suggest this site to you all. I have been creating it over the past three months and it contains many years of tech support tools, and advice.

http://www.mybootdisks.com

Let me know what you all think.

Thanks,
    Chris K.

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Very, very impressive!
    But if you want multiple languages, Babelfish wont do. The translations arent that great, unless you can verify them, because they rarely have proper grammar.

3. smile88

smile88 Guest

You put a lot of work into the info source.
    Thanks for sharing.

4. MyBootDisks.

Hello,

I just put my new site you if you have missing or Corrupt DLL, OCX or DRV files here is the place to download them back! This site covers all the Windows Operating Systems from 3.x - XP.

DLL-FILE.COM
    http://www.dll-file.com

Let me know what you think!

5. annieskid

annieskid

Just what I needed to make this a brighter day. Just requested a link to DLL files I trashed accidently (oops) Thanx for sharing. The ME link isn't working yet but I'll check back soon. This looks like it took a lot of work to put together and is so nice.

6. MyBootDisks.

"Just requested a link to DLL files I trashed accidently (oops) Thanx for sharing."

requested a link to DLL files you trashed?

I don't understand?

What file do you need for Windows ME, I can email it to you.

Thanks for the comments!

Mahesh Bisesar

7. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

She means she post a thread asking for a website that has the DLL files she deleted, then she found your site.

8. MyBootDisks.

ahhh.....i see.
    well glad to be of help.

All i need now are donations to keep it running. ;)

*hint* *hint*

9. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

I see you are having some issues with the advertising and having to switch to Linux servers.
    Have you already looked into running your own server? You could run IIS and get your ASP support back, not sure if it would be more expensive for you to do that or use a web host.
    Anyway, I read some book about getting commercial computer stuff for free, and if you write some good letters and make some offers, you can probably get a web host to host for you if you pay partial fees, promote them, and have a great site where your visitors would be interested in their services.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what the book was called, I found it at the public library, but they didn't seem to have it last time I looked.

10. MyBootDisks.

thanks brat! ;) ... so your only 12? doing very good for a 12 yr old.

by the way... im 23.

Thank you for your thoughtful suggestions, I have been sending emails to different hosting companies about hosting the site. But with WorldCom raising peering costs, bandwidth is expensive.

I would love to host my site on my own server, but it costs way to much to drag in a line. I am actually a wed developer so I would definately love my own line for hosting ( and gaming playin :D )!

If you can find out the name of that book I would be reall interested in it.

what advertising are you speaking of...what is the location of the ad and page?

The DLL-Downloads.com site is totally in PHP so I can port it to windows easily if needed...but it was first developed in ASP.

Once I can find a Windows Hosting provider with good uptime and low cost then I will have much more features on the sites.

Thanks,
    Mahesh

11. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

I was talking about the on your page, the explanation of why you need to use advertising etc.

I can't seem to find that book, but I'm reading "The One Minutes Millionaire" right now. Its great. Discusses the mindset of a millionaire, the 4 ways to success (including Internet & business). I think you would be interested in the part about "Leverage" aka using Other Peoples Time, Other Peoples Money, Other Peoples Knowledge, etc.

12. MyBootDisks.

I can tell you are going to grow up to be a somebody.

Maybe if I can find a ebook version of it I will have time to read it.
    Who is the author?

13. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Mark Victor Hansen and Robert G. Allen. Both are millionaires :D

The left side pages are the nonfiction stuff, the right side pages are a story about a woman that needs to make $1 million in 90 days to get her children back (no its not a ransom fee lol).
    My mom said the story wasnt that helpful, so I am only reading the left side pages.
    There are 160 left-side pages, so it isnt all that long, I started it about a week ago and ill be done within another hour of reading.

14. MyBootDisks.

yep. we have ourselves a little book worm. :D

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115429

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice