1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What do you think?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by PJK, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PJK

PJK Banned Thread Starter

Hello,
    I posted here a few days back about my site (http://www.pjk.has.it).

Now, I am pretty much done with my new page, which is based solely around Computer Help. It is called "Computer Cleanup". You can check it out here:
    http://computercleanup.brinkster.net/

Let me know what you think about it. I need to edit a few typos, and add some updates/tools, but other than that, I'm ready to fix it up and start advertising. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for looking
    Patrick

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

That should be merijn.org

Ewido should be under Anti-spyware, not anti-virus.

If you have Rollin' Rog's permission to use the text from his post, you should credit it to him

3. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

All the links like this:
    Code:
    <a name="#zone">ZoneAlarm Firewall</a>
    Should be:
    Code:
    <a name="zone">ZoneAlarm Firewall</a>
    Microsoft AntiSpyware has been replaced with Windows Defender.

You might want to credit this thread since it seems like most of the links came from there:
    http://forums.techguy.org/security/110854-security-help-tools.html

4. PJK

Yep, definitely will add plenty of credits in there, notice I linked here in Online Support. I plan on going through and editing out some stuff, and adding many new items, etc. I'll make all the corrections you both suggested. Thanks

5. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

Yeah, your anchors aren't done right. And I can't find any links whatsoever, you should really link to places that someone could download/purchase the software, because it's really annoying when you have to manually look it up and then download it. :)

6. PJK

Erik: Will fix those links. What do you mean manually look-up? When you click the download now, either the download will automatically start, or you are brought to a page that you just click the download. Let me know what you mean. Thanks.

7. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

I'm not seeing any links to downloads. :confused:

Lets get an example. One link at the top (Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)) links down the page:
    http://computercleanup.brinkster.net/antispy.html#mic

Then, at the #mic, you have this:
    HTML:
    <font size="4"><u><a name="mic">Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta)</a></u></font><br>

<b>-Size</b>: 6658 KB<br>
    <b>-Details</b>: Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) is a security technology that helps protect Windows users from spyware and other potentially unwanted software. Known spyware on your PC can be detected and removed. This helps reduce negative effects caused by spyware, including slow PC performance, annoying pop-up ads, unwanted changes to Internet settings, and unauthorized use of your private information.  <br>
    <br>
    <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/about.mspx" target="_blank">
                                                 </a><br>
    <center><a href="#top"><font color="#000000">Back to Top</font></a></center>
    The "link" text is invisible. There is just white space where something like "Download Now" might be. (This might be just on my PC, it's an alternate one that I don't use often and it has some firewall/blocking issues.) :)

8. PJK

Hmmm.... that must be your computer. I can take a screenshot if you need.

9. Eriksrocks

Eriksrocks

Yeah, I'm on my main PC now and I see it. (y) My other one has a weird habit of blocking random images...

10. PJK

Excellent.

11. PJK

I plan on creating a regular news section. Also a massive browser review will be up within a couple weeks. Check it out. New link is actually in my sig, the above link just forwards to the new site.

12. covert215

covert215 Banned

It looks as if you are using a framework or CMS, which isn't exactly a bad thing. Are you using one? If so, what is it?

[edit] also, where is the search system from...it looks great

[edit again] I looked through your source and saw you were using Joomla...I might have to try it out.

13. PJK

Covert: It is Joomla, with a bunch of editing of the CSS. I actually have a few sites made out of straight CSS and use FTP to edit it, however, I'm trying Joomla on this. It is working out fine thus far. I plan to add information daily, starting hopefully this weekend when I edit the setup.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482331

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice