1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What do you use as search engine?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Walker79, Jan 1, 2020.

Advertisement
  1. Walker79

Walker79 Thread Starter

What do you use as search engine? My primary search engine is Bing, Google and Duckduckgo.

I find if I'm looking for some thing on the internet and Google cannot find it than bing or Ducduckgo will have it.

Is there any search engine you use other than the three that you find any better? I find google use to be way better before but the past 5 years not where it use to be like before. I think part of the problem is the Google software now that things this is what you should see and not see.

2. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    Google.

IMO, it's not as good as a decade ago, but I get better returns with Google than with Duckduckgo.

3. RT

RT

Used many in the past years, such as what came with the ISP, but the likes of Yahoo!, Bing, Netscape, Ask Jeeves, Infoseek and what ever that one was that showed you a rather convoluted map for what you searched for has been replaced with Google...
    >koff, koff< Skynet >ahem<
    :D

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
    Johnny b likes this.
  4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Google is what I use as well. Bing was useless and Edge didn't help when I type the correct URL, Edge will still send me to a Bing search.

5. RT

RT

I once set my home page to "about:blank" because it displayed instantly....Google as a home page is pretty minimal, and you can proceed from there thusly :)

6. Johnny b

Johnny b

First Name:
    John
    I remember setting home page in Firefox as 'about:blank', but it's been a while ago.
    Now I set preferences to open Firefox with a 'blank page'.

There is so much spying on Internet travelers, I suspect the 'Deep State' knew who I was long before I started using Google :D :D

7. cornemuse

cornemuse

8. Walker79

Walker79 Thread Starter

I find bing seems to be way better now days at showing message boards and questions and answers sites like quora and reddit. I don't know why but in past google use to show lot of forums and social media web sites but now days moving away from this.

9. xerses

xerses

Hello, everyone, I use Google in Chrome & Pale Moon, I also use Bing in the new Edge.(y)

10. zebanovich

zebanovich

I use google for everything, but in bookmarks also have +30 specialized search engines
    for stuff which I can't find on google.

it depends on what you are looking for.

Bing just doesn't give me the results I want, often frustrated.

11. 2twenty2

2twenty2

Duckduckgo for me

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1238002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice