1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what doe's Disk Usage (Bps) mean?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by carltmac, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carltmac

carltmac Thread Starter

On my computer (HP) there is this application that tells you how much of something you are usseing. I am wonderring what the Disk Usage (Bps) means? Sometime when I am doing nothing it will go into RED which is bad?

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

3. carltmac

carltmac Thread Starter

so how do I stop my computer from usseing so much?

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I'm really not sure that it is. Are you having any performance problems? If you are doing nothing, and watching the monitor, is the disk light also flashing?

This is not necessarily bad, as Windows does do maintenance and backup related things when you are idle.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/547511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice