1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What does this mean?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by starchild, Jan 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. starchild

starchild Thread Starter

And is it serious?

I've noticed it for awhile, but since WIN would load okay I didn't pay much attention to it. Tonight I paused it and copied it down.

It comes on when I start up right before the WIN screen comes on.

I have WIN 98 SE

C:\>C:\windows\net start invalid value for binding specified
    (repeats)

error loading divice driver NDISHLP.SYS

error 7323: one of more network transport drivers failed to load
    C:\> rem By Windows 98 network for netware upgrade-
    C:\Windows\ lsl.com (not sure what that is on each side of the s, looks like l (L)

In systems> device manager there is (has been) a yellow ! error next to EXISTN Ndis2 driver (there is also Dial-up adapter under Network Adapters, which seems okay)

I clicked on it and properties and then "update driver" and went through that, it said the best driver was already installed and if I wanted to update it to put in the CD-ROM Win98 SE

I don't have this, only a HP restoration disc, and I think I tried to get a specific file from it once before and couldn't.

Maybe I can download the driver? If so, can anyone tell me exactly where? I go in circles trying to find something on the msn website. Then someone else will post a link to right where it is.

Is it something I should be doing, even though it is still loading and going online?

Thanks,
    Carrie

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi starchild,
    Do you have a dialup or ethernet connection?
    Do you have a network card installed?
    If not remove the "EXISTN Ndis2 driver "
    You can look here or do this:
    Double-click on the "My Computer" icon on your desktop.
    Double-click on the "Control Panels" icon.
    Double-click on the "Network" control panel.
    Click on the "Configuration" tab. Then select "Existing NDIS2 Driver." (You may need to scroll down to see it.)
    Click on the "Remove" button.
    Click on the "OK" button at the bottom of the Network control panel. A "System Settings Change" box may appear, containing the text: "You must restart your computer before the new settings will take effect. Do you want to restart your computer now?" Click on the "Yes" button. If you do not see this message, restart your computer.

3. pvc9

pvc9

4. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Thanks Vijay didnt see that!!

5. pvc9

pvc9

Np TW :)

6. starchild

starchild Thread Starter

Do you have a dialup or ethernet connection?
    Do you have a network card installed?

I have Earthlink dialup. I don't think I have ethernet, but I don't know what it is :)

How do I know if I have a network card installed?

Other than that it sounds simple.

It's not really a problem, other than the screen coming up in the beginning, because Windows loads anyway.

I guess that must mean I don't have something that needs it?

This can be tomorrow's project.

I've had enough problems today. But, I did find a few solutions and it wasn't ALL problems now that I think of it.

Thanks,

Carrie

7. pvc9

pvc9

Hi Carrie,
    Did you try what Rog posted in the link I posted? Thats the easier method and should solve the problem.

8. Del

Del

You can also go to Start > Run and type ASD and click ok. If windows skipped loading a file, it will list it here.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice