1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What does this Msg mean?!?!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by robnyt, Sep 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robnyt

robnyt Thread Starter

Restarted my computer after making some changes to my startup list, and got this msg:

You have used the System Configuration Utility to make changes to the way Windows starts. The S.C.U. is currently in Diagnostic or Selective Startup mode, causing this msg to be displayed and the utility to run everytime Windows starts. Choose the Normal Startup mode on the General tab to start Windows normally and undo the changes you have made using the S.C.U.

(Box that can be checked) Don't show this msg or launch the S.C.U. when windows starts (Then an OK box)

Clicked ok and that brought me straight to the SCU where I clicked ok on the selective option. Said I needed to restart my computer to make the changes take effect. Did so and got the msg again. This time clicked the box so the msg wouldn't show again and was promted to restart computer. Did so and all OUR Startup changes were undone. Unclicked again, restarted AND HAVE THE S.C.U. MSG AGAIN!!!

What do I need to do? thanks.

2. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

Might be a long shot but...next time it pops up...don't click the OK button, that will put all your check-marks back in the startup selections. Instead close the dialog box by the 'x' in the top right corner, your changes will still be in effect. Hope this helps :eek:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/269212

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice