1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what does this win2000 error message mean?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by semidevil, Jun 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. semidevil

semidevil Thread Starter

I"m still having trouble installing my win2000, so I decided to copy the error message:

STOP: 0X0000001E (OXC0000006, 0XFE606BBE, OX00000000,0485A5BBA)
    ADRESS FE606 BBE base FE5ED000, DateStamp 38441c2a setupdd.sys

ok, anybody know what that means???

IT's during my installation of win2000. I already formatted my drive. I made 4 win2000 bootdisks. The disks do their things fine, until the very last disk, which at the very last step, a blue screen comes up, then I get that message, and my computer freezes. floppy drive light stays on and stuff. Anybody know how to fix this?

I thought it was a memory problem, but switching around ram doesn't help.......

any ideas???

2. Sponsor

3. wedor

wedor

Are you using a WD drive with EZ-BIOS?

4. semidevil

semidevil Thread Starter

Yes, I"m using a WD hard drive........uhh....ez bios?? what's that? please explain. What are 'ez' bios??

5. wedor

wedor

6. wedor

wedor

EZ-BIOS is a utility that allows older systems to use newer larger drives by using a drive overlay, this can cause problems in some cases.

7. semidevil

semidevil Thread Starter

hmmm....I wouldn't call my drive new, or larger. I have a k-6 2 450mhz, and a WD 6 gig drive.....

btw, is my problem only a win2000 problem, becasue I installed win98 successfully w/ it before...

Is there a way to fix my problem?(besides calling WD tech support like the webpage says)?

8. wedor

wedor

Try this,

To troubleshoot Stop error 0x0000001E
    Make sure that you have adequate disk space, especially if you're performing a new installation.
    If the Stop error message identifies a specific driver, disable it and contact the manufacturer for an updated driver. If you can't start your computer, try starting in safe mode to remove or disable the driver.
    If you have a non-Microsoft-supplied video driver, try switching to the standard VGA driver or to a suitable driver supplied with Windows 2000.
    Disable any newly installed drivers.
    Verify that you have the latest system BIOS. Your hardware manufacturer can help you determine whether you have the latest version or help you obtain it.
    Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!