1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what download is best for spyware

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by costlyputer, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. costlyputer

costlyputer Thread Starter

Hello
    I'm new to this site but not totally new to computers, I have been having lots of weird things happening with my computer of late. first I can't multitask three windows come up and I loose my Internet connection or page sometimes I may get to four if very lucky five window's. second the mouse or courser moves on it's own why I don't know, I'm trying to go left and the mouse suddenly wants to go right sometimes to the top. but what gets me most is the constant message "this computer has performed an illegal operation" today it had more "if this problem persists please notify your system vendor" I click on OK and a smaller gray box comes up stating that an error has occurred something about run time and/or improper operation and the window will close and all functions will stop. this is when I loose internet connection. Even weirder is I was able to use yahoo and msn IM's no problem.
    What I would like to know is, what is the best spy ware program to use and how do I know there is no Trojan virus with it?? I'm at a total loss and can't afford $50 an hour for a technician to tell me I need a new computer.
    Thank you for any and all help or info.

2. winchester73

winchester73

Most techs here recommend both Ad-Aware SE and Spybot ... both are free.

Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.04: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

Don't have the SB link handy, but it will be easy to find on the MajorGeeks site.

3. jvic

jvic

First Name:
    John
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!