1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what games could I play?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tommo020788, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tommo020788

tommo020788 Thread Starter

Hi, I've got myself a pretty decent computer system, but can't quite afford the high end card I want right now, so I'm going to settle for a cheaper graphics card while I save for the better one.

I just want to have an Idea of what games I might be able to play still with the following:

CPU: Intel I7 core 1156 2.8 GHZ (easily overclocked to 3.4ghz)
    RAM: 1GB DDR3 (I know I need more... I will get more soon)
    Graphics card: MSI ATI R5770 1GB DP HDMI

would I still be able to play things like fallout 3, farcry 2, crysis and so on?

Also, if I was to get the 5750 instead, would I still be able to play games at around this level?

2. mtfeeney

mtfeeney

Fallout 3 for sure, Farcry 2 definitely, Crysis will run pretty well... probably. Crysis is a touchy *******, illogical at best.

3. tommo020788

hey thanks, are you sure that all of those those games will work with only 1gb ram?

4. Compiler

Compiler

I guess we can assume you have Windows7? You should have at least 2GB... 3~4GB preferred.

So get some more memory along with the video card.... so if needed a 5750 will have to do.

Yes you can play all those games... just not at their MAX settings. Let the 5750~5770 hold you for about 6~9 months and pick up a 6770... which hopefully will be equal to a 5850 of today, but for $150~175.

5. mtfeeney

mtfeeney

Hell, I didn't see you only had 1gb of ram. That needs increased desperately, but yes, the games will still probably run...technically. Just not well.

6. tommo020788

nope... running on windows XP

haha yep... well the graphics card is most desperate thing at the moment... because the motherboard doesn't have on on-board graphics card, so I cant use my new computer with i7core in it! :(

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915765

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice