1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What gets saved after restore

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fiberyank, Feb 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fiberyank

fiberyank Thread Starter

I need to restore my desktop running XP home and need to know what I will lose? Will I lose all the files, software or data entered after the restore point I need to go back to? Also, I have Excel files ( installed program but can't find it) and will not have Excel after restore. Will I lose all those Excel files or will I be able to convert them to MS Works after restore? Thanks!!

2. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

it restores windows back to an earlier configuration, not programs or anything in them that's saved.

3. Paladin-X

Paladin-X

Programs themselves can be affected by system restore. If a program was installed after the date you want to restore to, then that program may stop working after the system restore.

Data files will not be affected by system restore (IE your excel files).

4. fiberyank

fiberyank Thread Starter

Thanks Paladin-X. You have eased my mind!!

5. fiberyank

fiberyank Thread Starter

Thanks Bearone2. I feel beter naow with your help and Paladin-X's!!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/329293

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice