1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

what gpu can i install

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sam93932, Aug 10, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. sam93932

sam93932 Thread Starter

Hi i recently purchased my new pc with windows 10 home , a Gigabyte a320m s2h motherboard , amd a10 9700 , 1tb hard drive , 8gb ddr4 ram and a 500w psu with a 6pin connecter , and i dont know what graphics card i would be able to install , i want to upgrade as i have recently started gaming and i am getting a low fps on low settings , please could you let me know what gpu i could install , i have around £400 to spend on this.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    cpu.JPG

This is the performance rating for the AMD processor in your newly-purchased PC.
    It appears to have integrated AMD Radeon R7 graphics.

Its unfortunate it didn't come with a more powerful processor, so this is going to handicap gaming quality to some extent.
    I would suggest adding another 8 GB of DDR4 RAM, but I'm not sure if it'll help with that processor.

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, so my input here is limited.
    Others here who are should be able to help you better.
    Good luck.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

3. phillpower2

phillpower2

Hello sam93932,

Is this a custom build or one that you purchased pre assembled, if pre assembled do you have a link to from where it was purchased so we can check the full specs.

Reason why this is important, the motherboard is the smaller micro ATX type that are often used in smaller computer cases, add on GPUs can be quite large so we need make sure that there is enough room inside the case.

We also need to know the brand and model name or number of the PSU.

A good quality brand 500W PSU would be fine with many of the newer cards but if the PSU in your computer is a generic no name one which it does sound like having only one 6 pin connector then this would also need to be upgraded.

A RAM upgrade, GPU and PSU for around £400 should be easily doable but it would also help if you told us what games you would like to play so that we can make sure that all of your hardware is capable of playing them.

4. fork114

fork114

Technically any gpu will fit in any motherboard, given it has a pci ex slot, but if your looking for the best pairing for your build with out swapping your CPU I would not exceed a gtx 1660 ( or 1060) anything more is a waste of cash, and your CPU is still going to be the bottleneck even on a 1060. If you can find one for a descent price grab a 1650 single fan varient or 1050ti and call it a day until you want to upgrade your CPU.

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    sam93932 is a first-time poster who hasn't replied back in 5 days, so any further advice and comments from us is probably a waste of time.

--------------------------------------------------------------

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231292

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice