1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What graphics card do I need for 4K video editing?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Boudewijn1963, Sep 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Boudewijn1963

Boudewijn1963 Thread Starter

I am gonna do a new computer build with a Ryzen 2700X cpu. Do I really need a gtx 1080 graphics card for video editing in 4k resolution? Or can I also use a cheaper gtx 1070 ti graphics card?

2. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    All depends on the program you plan on using. Some programs utilize the cpu more than the gpu and then some utilize amd or nvidia better than the other.

3. Boudewijn1963

Boudewijn1963 Thread Starter

I am using Corel Videostudio Ultimate 2018 for video editing.

4. elitetechsvc

elitetechsvc

First Name:
    Aaron
    From my little bit of research you don't seem to even need a video card at all, and if you choose, a lot end AMD will be better. It looks like Corel VS uses the CPU for like 99% of the rendering, and any GPU it used utilizes OpenCL instead of CUDA, meaning that AMD would be better than Nvidia.....definitely not the same with Adobe. But neither seem to make a difference....CPU and RAM seem to be the main thing in VS.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216665

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice