What graphics card do I need for 4K video editing?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Boudewijn1963

I am gonna do a new computer build with a Ryzen 2700X cpu. Do I really need a gtx 1080 graphics card for video editing in 4k resolution? Or can I also use a cheaper gtx 1070 ti graphics card?

elitetechsvc

Aaron
All depends on the program you plan on using. Some programs utilize the cpu more than the gpu and then some utilize amd or nvidia better than the other.

elitetechsvc

Aaron
From my little bit of research you don't seem to even need a video card at all, and if you choose, a lot end AMD will be better. It looks like Corel VS uses the CPU for like 99% of the rendering, and any GPU it used utilizes OpenCL instead of CUDA, meaning that AMD would be better than Nvidia.....definitely not the same with Adobe. But neither seem to make a difference....CPU and RAM seem to be the main thing in VS.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online