What Graphics card slot is this

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bigstev

Hey,

I just tried putting together a computer. The computer turns on but the screen wont turn on. I think this is because it doesn't have a graphics card, i dont know which type to put in because the motherboard didn't come with a manual so i am posting this pic to see if someone else does.

Steve

Did you not plug the monitor cable into the computer? If you have a graphics output the board has onboard graphics and does not need an add on graphics card.

bigstev

Yeah the monitor was plugged in, Is there anything else you can think of that could be wrong with it

You state that you have just built this computer. What stage is it at? Does it have an operating system installed? When you switch it on do you get any beeps from the motherboard?

That's an AGP slot.
Do you have all the wires plugged in correctly, do you have power for the CPU?

As Blackmirror stated, post the EXACT make, model and revision number of the motherboard.

yeah, you need to post exactly what mobo you have, i'm sure that the little brown one is a 1x slot, and the 3 white ones are prob 8x slots and i have no idea what the orange one it =/

bigstev

When i start it up the fan on the psu and the fan on the cpu start spinning and i think i can here the hard drive. But then that is all it will do, except light on the mouse comes on.

I got the motherboard of eBay so i dont exactly know what model number it is but i will try to find that out today and post later today.

I Think everything is plugged in properly as well, but i am not sure as i just copied were all the wires go from my old p3 computer.

Also if you are wondering
It has 350 watt psu
2.4ghz p4 cpu
and 256 mb ram
and a crappy hard drive, cd drive and floppy drive
(i made it out of some parts of my old pentium3 computer e.g the hard drive,case,cddrive,floppy drive,psu)

bigstev

Thanks to everyone, it was just a cable that was missing that i didn't have on my p3 mobo.

Steve

bigstev

Ah ok there is another problem. when i start it up it come up with , Boot from cd: disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

You have to clean install Windows as this is different hardware and it will not just boot up.

bigstev

Yeah thanks it boots up fine,

Can anyone tell me what graphics card slot i have from the top pic though the help would be appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online