1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What Graphics card slot is this

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigstev, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigstev

bigstev Thread Starter

Hey,

I just tried putting together a computer. The computer turns on but the screen wont turn on. I think this is because it doesn't have a graphics card, i dont know which type to put in because the motherboard didn't come with a manual so i am posting this pic to see if someone else does.

Steve

[​IMG]

2. Mcbee

Mcbee

Did you not plug the monitor cable into the computer? If you have a graphics output the board has onboard graphics and does not need an add on graphics card.

3. bigstev

bigstev Thread Starter

Yeah the monitor was plugged in, Is there anything else you can think of that could be wrong with it

4. Mcbee

Mcbee

You state that you have just built this computer. What stage is it at? Does it have an operating system installed? When you switch it on do you get any beeps from the motherboard?

5. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

6. BG-0

BG-0

That's an AGP slot.
    Do you have all the wires plugged in correctly, do you have power for the CPU?

7. win2kpro

win2kpro

As Blackmirror stated, post the EXACT make, model and revision number of the motherboard.

8. nate93

nate93

yeah, you need to post exactly what mobo you have, i'm sure that the little brown one is a 1x slot, and the 3 white ones are prob 8x slots and i have no idea what the orange one it =/

9. bigstev

bigstev Thread Starter

When i start it up the fan on the psu and the fan on the cpu start spinning and i think i can here the hard drive. But then that is all it will do, except light on the mouse comes on.

I got the motherboard of eBay so i dont exactly know what model number it is but i will try to find that out today and post later today.

I Think everything is plugged in properly as well, but i am not sure as i just copied were all the wires go from my old p3 computer.

Also if you are wondering
    It has 350 watt psu
    2.4ghz p4 cpu
    and 256 mb ram
    and a crappy hard drive, cd drive and floppy drive
    (i made it out of some parts of my old pentium3 computer e.g the hard drive,case,cddrive,floppy drive,psu)

10. bigstev

bigstev Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone, it was just a cable that was missing that i didn't have on my p3 mobo.

Steve

11. bigstev

bigstev Thread Starter

Ah ok there is another problem. when i start it up it come up with , Boot from cd: disk boot failure, insert system disk and press enter

12. Rich-M

Rich-M

You have to clean install Windows as this is different hardware and it will not just boot up.

13. bigstev

bigstev Thread Starter

Yeah thanks it boots up fine,

Can anyone tell me what graphics card slot i have from the top pic though the help would be appreciated.

14. Rich-M

Rich-M

That is an Agp slot and I believe an 8X slot.

15. bigstev

bigstev Thread Starter

So thats the orange one?

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755965

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice