1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What Happened To Ebay?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Trembor, Jan 25, 2006.

Advertisement
  1. Trembor

Trembor Thread Starter

Man I remember the good ole' days when I could get onto Ebay and find things for like 25% cheaper than anywhere else... Now things seem to be just as pricey and in some cases MORE expensive on ebay.

What's happened? Now the trend seems to be going with www.Pricewatch.com and finding what you need for cheap.

2. Ciberblade

Ciberblade Retired Moderator

When Ebay became an official store-front ;)

You can still find the values---you just have to look harder.

3. Trooper_fan

Trooper_fan

The UK version seems to be rammed full with tat from China / Bejing and Hong Kong at the moment they really need to get rid of these dealers as it's becoming increasingly irritating browsing page after page of rubbish to find the one item actually from the UK. (n) (n)

4. Gabriel

Gabriel Account Closed

Yes, It is hard for me to sell my lower cost items now, believe it or not...one of the things is that the fees have risen....if I didn't have a store, it wouldn't even be worth it to list the lower cost items........at all...in the store it costs under .50 to list will lots of extras, and 30 days to sell.........on the auctions, the same item costs $1.50 or so to list....then the final fee if sold....if you don't sell, they still take the listing fee....you only have up to 10 days to sell, and if you opt for the full 10 days, add another 40 cents onto the listing fee......there's almost $2 to list the item...it is hard to list low cost items with a fee so large.....

5. bobbi

bobbi

I was wondering the same thing.

Ebay has become nothing more than a retail outlet. Almost everything for sale (that I'm interested in) has a high starting price, some people bid up to what the item is worth. Then pile on some hefty shipping and "handling" fees and you've paid more for the item than you would have in the store!!:confused:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/437196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice