What happened to my laptop's motherboard?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Altwaalsgd

I was cleaning my laptop, I had disassembled it completely, I accidentally plugged the NVIDIA graphics cable upside down, I only touched it and something sparked in the laptop, the spark was from the bottom left side of the motherboard near the CMOS battery, I don't think its the CMOS battery issue, because the burnt smell was from the IO chip but it's on the right side. Do any experts know what happened? should I change the IO chip? The laptop turns on for like 1 second, the fan turns on and turns off the blue light turns on and the power buttons stop working, it's lit blue as well so I'm not completely sure it stops working there is no display on the screen. I wanna repair the laptop, but wow the repair shops here were 100$+(literally) to just repair the IO chip, I can change that myself by buying 10 pieces for like 5$ online. Anyone professional here who can tell me what happened from just this info? I will provide more information whatever you need?

Thank you for your time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts