What happened to my system tools?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sinnerT

I recently reformatted my hard drive. I reinstalled Windows XP Home, but when I go to START - PROGRAMS - ACCESSORIES - SYSTEM TOOLS the only thing there is Security Center. what happened to my calculator and sound recorder and all the other things?
Thanks, Renn

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
HI, I can't say why they aren't there, could be it's a custom install of some sort that by default only puts back minimal...or, did you by accident select Minimal Install or the setup for a Laptop like you used to see in older versions of Windows?

You can probably add the missing components back by using Windows Setup, from Add/Remove Programs in your Contol Panel. Go down through, you do not need everything, but you may find what is missing without a checkmark next to it. You have to click on each category, like Internet Tools, Accessories, etc...then Details to see what parts are installed....you just put a check into what you need and it will install when you click Apply>OK. You will have to reboot then.

sinnerT

Thanks, the link to the accrestore.zip worked. Thank you, so much, and I hope you have a wonderful, prosperous new year and all the others.
Happy 2006, Renn

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
That worked, but it doesn't make any sense> why wouldn't a full fresh install put back those things?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online