1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What happened to the Site???

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by lighthouse, Sep 11, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. lighthouse

lighthouse Thread Starter

Is this just to do with this computer/server, or does the site look totally different today (local time 09.55 BST - UK)? Is anyone else currently looking at a screen filled with graphics and text etc that looks like something from about 1990? It might be that the library has somehow reconfigured their firewall or that the TSG server is running on 'SAFE' mode while a problem is rectified, but essentially that's what it looks like at the moment! No pictures/icons show, or a lot of the borders, backgrounds, a few Click Buttons, etc - just text. It's currently like a Windows 98 'SAFE' mode screen. It also takes a while to fully appear as various screen features arrive - certainly longer than usual.

2. lighthouse

Question (or part of) answered. It's the site. Just looked at btow/yahoo sign-in page which looks the same as before. I guess the TSG workmen are in doing a refurb or something.

3. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    It's 6:15am USA EST and it looks fine to me at this time?

4. Rockn

Rockn

You are probably seeing a cached web page. It happens to me from time to time as well. Just clear out your temporary internet files and history and it should look just fine.

5. lighthouse

I was on a library computer at the time. The other stuff I looked at appeared as normal. It was just the TSG site.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice