What Have Done Now

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Whatzup

I was having trouble playing various games, I checked the help screen on one of the games and it told me to make sure that DirectX was enable. I checked the DirectX file and it was empty. So what did I do, I went to the DirectX web site and downloaded the program. Now when I check to see whether or not the program is enabled, the folders and files are all over the place and they are not just contain in the Program Files, they are everwhere. I tried to do a System Restore, but it won't let me. ANY SUGGESTIONS

You may have a virus. I would get the latest updates for your virus scan software and run a scan.

Whatzup

Updated Norton A/V and ran scan, also went to Housecall and ran online scan. No viruses detected. Performed a defrag overnight. DirectX is still scattered all over the place.

What do you mean "scattered all over the place"? Did you by chance install the application to your desktop?

etaf

Wayne
you can run dxdiag this will test and show versions.
start > run > dxdiag

perhaps you have spyware on PC - have a look at the 1st few posts in the secruity forum - and you will see list of things to run.

Whatzup

When I installed the DirectX 9.0 from the DirectX website, I "Open" the download and installed. The download never asked where I wanted it downloaded too. It just started the download process after I checked the Agree to Terms box. From a Help file of one of the games I was trying to play, it told me to make sure DirectX was enabled. It said I should check in the Program Folder, under the setup folder of the DirectX folder. When I went to the setup folder it was empty. I decided to do a search of my computer and this is when I seen DirectX was scattered all over the place.
I will try the start>run>dxdiag next.
No spyware on this system! I run Spybot S&D, Pest Patrol, Adaware and Spy Killer, about every four or five days.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.