1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What have I got here?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by janlafata, Feb 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janlafata

janlafata Thread Starter

I'm a real rookie at computers so bear with me. I've been thnking of getting Vista but I'd like to try it before I buy it. Problem solved when a friend of mine gave me a copy of Windows Vista RTM Build 6.0.6000 x86. He said that it was in ISO format and just needed to be burned onto a DVD, then installed. Now I know I'm not the smartest guy around, but why doesn't this file have a name like the ones in the stores like Vitsa Home Premium, Ultra edition etc. My friend, who is a computer teacher now lives in another town and I have no way of gettting ahold of him so I'd like to know, what is this thing?. Without waitng for any anwers from you guys I went ahead and tried it anyway. I did find out what an ISO image was and burned it, then booting up my system into it, it hung after a couple of minutes. Later on I checked the BIOS and found out it kicked out my primary DVD drive. Said it was not detected. So is the problem a defective DVD drive?

2. guitar

guitar Banned

no its vista not able to detect dvd drive
    i don't think you'll get much help with pirated software here

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    RTM is a release to manufacturer's and certain other organizations or people. However people are not allowed to distribute this copy, as with any copy of Windows. Nor are we allowed to assist people with illegal distributions so this is closed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice