Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What & how to use to burn to CD???

875 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
I was able to rip a DVD using "DVD Decrypter" and came out with several vob files but my problem is I cannot encode them to be burnt onto a CD. Does anybody know how I would go about taking these vob files that were ripped and encode them so I can burn to a CD please. Or is there another DVD ripper out there for people that only burn to CD's?

#2 ·
As DVD files are usually bigger than your average CD, you may need more than one CD anyway. You'll have to encode them as either VCD or SVCD. Nero 6 has plug-ins available (although I have found that program...a nuisance). Clone DVD also has a converter to convert AVI, DVD etc.
What type of file did you save them as? Did you save them as DVD, AVI (or any other type?).
If you want them to play on your DVD, you need to make sure your player can read them.
Either way, I think you will need the appropriate codecs which, depending on the copying program you already have, should be available to you to download.

#4 ·
I only have a cd burner and that is why I have to burn everything to a CD, usually 2 cd's. I use to use Easy VCD but since I got my new CD Burner I am unable to use that program anymore. I sure would like to find a program like Easy VCD for ripping dvd's. Would Shrink rip so I could use the files to burn to cd's? Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.