What is a build.xml file? How to code one?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

serehawk2000

Okay, I posted a question a few days ago reguarding build files. I can not find the thread in the list. So I am sorry for posting about it again in a new thread.

I am having trouble with finding information about what build.xml files are. I am trying to write a build file for a school project and the professor is out of town for awhile and I want to get this done before we go back to class.

I am wondering where I can look to find out what is usually put into a build.xml file, the setup of the files, etc.

Can anyone help?

serehawk2000 said:
Okay, I posted a question a few days ago reguarding build files. I can not find the thread in the list. So I am sorry for posting about it again in a new thread.
It took me 2 seconds to do a simple search of the topics you made, you could have done the same :p

http://forums.techguy.org/web-development/536469-build-files.html

Like I told you in the other topic, go to http://www.xml.com to learn about XML.

"build.xml" is just an XML file named "build". There can be anything in the world in that file, we don't know without more info. It's not a "this is what goes here and that's that" type of thing.

I could name a file called build.xml and it only have a list of my favorite sports.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online