1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is a good ping # ?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by xray23, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xray23

xray23 Thread Starter

I used speedtest.net to check my ping ( not sure what that means) and douwnload speed and upload speed. Results were:
    Ping = 26ms
    Download = 10.19 mb/s
    Upload = 2.05 mb/s

I do not know what is decent . My computer is a bit slow at times so I don't know if it's internet connection related or just my computer is slow? What do the numbers mean to people who know?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The Ping doesn't mean much unless it's really bad (high number). Yours is fine.

Whether the Download/Upload are decent depends on what you are supposed to be getting. My cable internet ISP provides 12 Mbps down/1 Mbps up service. My results minutes ago were 11.53/0.92. Those are very good. But if I were supposed to be getting 30/5 I'd be very upset.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice