1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is a keylogger?

Discussion in 'General Security' started by alexcarlson, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alexcarlson

alexcarlson Thread Starter

Hi All,

Do you know about keylogger and how dangerous is it ?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. antimoth

antimoth

I've heard of software that claims to reside in the windows kernel and stop keyloggers. Is that a just advertising claim?

Also read that cut-and-pasting info from a excel or word document into the fields on a website can defeat most keyloggers. Is that true?

How about the virtual keyboard like that used in Kaspersky 2010?

I do run Online Armor on one PC. It detects lots of programs as keyloggers (Photoshop, and others) . Just hope it detect the bad guy's keylogger.

4. jschesser19

jschesser19

5. thingamajig

thingamajig Banned

For some protection, try installing keyscrambler. The basic idea is that keyscrambler catches the key strokes, encrypts them and the decypts into the application. I haven't tested it against an actual keylogger but I may out of curiosity. The browser add-ons are free.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915772

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice