1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is a Thumbnail

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by JenniferPet, Jan 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JenniferPet

JenniferPet Thread Starter

Sometimes I receive emails, with thumbnails (I just recently learned this name).
    My question(s):
    What is a thumbnail?
    Why would it be sent as a thumbnail?

I never can view the thumbnail. Is there a procedure to open?
    Do you have to change any type of setting(s) in order to view thumbnails?

Many thanks

2. Shamou

Shamou

To see a larger view of a thumbnail, just click on it.
    To post a thumbnail, scroll down to: Manage Attachment, click on it,
    a window will open, click Browse, select what you want attached, then click Upload.
    The thumbnail will be attached to your message (even though you cannot see it when you click Preview Post.) Then click Submit Reply and you will then see your thumbnail but it has to be under 200 K.
    Hope this helps.
    Shamou

Attached Files:

3. chatterjee

chatterjee

Thumbnails are just a small form of the pictures concerned.We use thumbnails because people don't like to see the page cluttered with big pictures.

There is no such special procedures that you have to follow.Just click the thumbnails and you can see those in theirs true colours in a new window.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice