What is AMD's problem?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
DejaVu said:
For a long time I have read about how great AMD was for gaming and how bad Intel was when compared.Do any AMD people have any input as to why they are losing and keep losing to Intel even with AMD's new cpu's?I read this and wonder what is happening to AMD. http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/01/09/ces2007_intel_eight_core/
this is kind of a broad statement, what do you mean specifically. Intel is a huge corp. compared to AMD and has been able to get their 65nm process up and running before AMD and also has adopted AMD type cpu architecture principles (except for ob mem controller) meaning cpu clock freq isnt where its at, notice new C2D cpu is around 2 ghz yet performs better than faster clock P4 and D type cpu. This is a competetive business and has gone back and forth a few times in the past, just because AMD has had some success in resent years and enjoyed some market share gains is no reason to expect that intel was going to lay down and die, conversely I dont expect AMD to lay down and die either, we shall see what we shall see.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online