1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is an ok framerate for gaming?

Discussion in 'Games' started by AhrenBa, Aug 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Hello,
    I am looking at getting a new graphics card for my PC and have been looking at benchmarks for different cards. I was just wondering what the lowest acceptable framerate for gaming is? 20? 30? 40? What do you guys think? Thanks

Also, Which card would you pick out of this stack (not just for performance, but best deal):

Nvidia 7600gt
    Nvidia 7900gt
    ATI x1800GTO
    ATI x1800GT
    ATI x1900GT

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

60 IMO. Anything lower makes my eyes tired as hell.

The best deal? I dunno, I never look at that really. Check benchmark sites (keep away from Tom's :rolleyes:). I'd say of what you have listed I figure the 7900GT.

3. CDBongo

CDBongo

They are all good cards, the 7600gt is a good value, but if you have the extra cash, it's never bad to step it up a bit (although i will never spend more than 150 on a video card)

4. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Thanks for the response. Can you recommend any good benchmark sites? Thanks

5. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Google ids your friend. Google each card you are looking at, but stay away from Tom's hardware. That site is jaded and has been since the beginning.

If you love Nvidia and Intel, Tom's is for you. I would check Cnet, 3dgamers, and www.guru3d.com .

6. AhrenBa

AhrenBa Thread Starter

Thank you for your time. I appreciate it. :)

7. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Mind you, I don't care when I am buying. I buy the best whether it is Nvidia or ATI. I own NO stock in either company. :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/488616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice