1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

What is Caili.exe?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ncosmak, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ncosmak

ncosmak Thread Starter

I can find no substantial information regarding this file or how to remove it. The following post was created July 2009 and is exactly what my Event Viewer is showing but there has been no response to this problem. My Win XP machine has a tendency to mysteriously restart after shutdown and I think it may be related to this Caili.exe timeout. Any thoughts? Thanks!

what is CAILI service? - error in event viewer WIN XP - help! computer crashing what the hell is CAILI? a google search reveals nothing. my computer has been freezing/crashing constantly for the last two weeks. i've been learning to use the event viewer. looking back as far as i can, (about two weeks) i see this error message every day:

the CAILI service failed to start due to the following error: The service failed to respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. (event ID: 7000)

(i followed the link into the microsoft page, but that wasn't helping.)

paired with this error:

timeout 30000 miliseconds waiting for the CAILI service to connect.

and up till the last few days, with this error too:

the parallel port driver service failed to start due to the following error: the service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

please help me out.

update: OK IM SURE this is what is freezing/crashing my computer. because the last two times my computer crashed, i check the event viewer after restart and there are those two damn errors. by freezing/crashing i mean: whatever i'm working on basically freezes, the mouse still moves, but you can't really do anything, and you have to push the manual restart button.

Last edited by falafel; 12-Jul-2009 at 01:53 PM..

2. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    You can use msconfig, ccleaner, or any number of other apps to disable the file in the Startup. Thus preventing the file from even trying to load.

After you determine that it isn't needed, search and remove all references to it from the registry. You could also perform a scan using a decent cleaner such as MalwareBytes or SpyBot Search and Destroy.

3. Ent

Ent Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Josiah
    Oddba11, that doesn't seem like very sensible advice.
    Firstly, the program in question is being run as a service. It can't be disabled with CCleaner or a startup manager as it isn't in the startup list.
    Secondly, since it doesn't appear to be a malicious program, and might even be necessary, going to such lengths to wipe it out is more dangerous than leaving it disabled. Indeed, if you did believe it to be a malware problem then you should report it as such and let the trained antimalware helpers take over. You know that you're not authorized to give malware removal instructions, especially regarding manual removal.

ncosmak, let's see whether we can disable this thing properly.
    Press Windows and R at the same time.
    Type Services.msc and press enter.
    Locate the service that is running Caile.exe
    Right click on it and click Stop.
    If it stops without any problems, right click on it again and click Properties.
    Change the Startup Type to Disabled.
    Click OK
    Restart the computer.

4. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    My apologies. I searched on the file name and didn't get any valid hits...which usually indicates it's not a valid file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice